Other financial discussions

I filed the amended return and spoke with the IRS and an IRS tax advocate.  Bottom line, I was told that I would have to wait until I filed my 2020 tax return to claim the tax credit.  I was also told 2019 paper returns are priority right now and that the amended return I sent in would not likely be processed until 2021.  From what I understood, the IRS isn’t working on a solution for this right now and to sum it up, I was basically told that it is on the tax payer to review their tax return in it’s entirety prior to submitting it to the IRS.  If there are errors (software related or not), it is the tax payers responsibility to review what’s been completed before they submit their return and make the necessary corrections.  The IRS said once a return is processed, they only make changes or corrections needed by a tax payer if the tax payer sends in an amended return.  The IRS could not tell me why having the box checked about my spouse caused me to be flagged as ineligible for the economic payment but did verify that according to their records, I am ineligible because of it.  Anyone with the box checked is ineligible.