Other financial discussions

After waiting on hold for 45 and talking to 3 different people at the taxpayer advocate service I was told they could do nothing!!  The first CSR I talked to,  looked into it and said she was going to give me a case number and forward me on to someone else since there was nothing specific stating that they couldn’t help me.  On hold another 20 minutes for the next CSR to tell me she couldn’t help me,  when I asked her why not?  Why can’t I at least get an answer as to why my husband and I essentially cancelled each other out even though we both clearly state on our returns that we cannot be claimed,  she says “who can claim your husband?”  I said nobody!!! She says wait a minute let me look at the notes in your case?? WTF, I mean wouldn’t you look at the notes from the other CSR as to why I was calling before telling me you can’t help me!  The long and short is that they are not aware of the issue I don’t think so maybe if more people report it,  they’d try to help!  Waiting until we file next kind of defeats the whole purpose of the emergency funding.