Other financial discussions

@jonpkt01 wrote:

Not sure who this ChampOpus17 guy is but I don't care to hear about your invalid comments concerning our legitimate claim that Turbo Tax has screwed us over. Who are you? What's your purpose of commenting on this thread? To try and cause more confusion? Do you work for Turbo Tax? Many of us here on this thread have been screwed over and are in dire need of our stimulus NOW! I have reached out to my local representative here in Chicago and there will more than likely be a class action against Turbo Tax unless they compensate and correct their problem immediately.

1. I am a 10 year volunteer. But I have a certain amount of respect with the moderators, and they will sometimes escalate error reports if they believe that I or the other long time volunteers have found an important issue.

2. Screaming won't help.  Understand that, once you filed incorrectly, no matter whose fault it was, the IRS is not going to pay a stimulus payment to you in 2020.  That's an issue with the IRS--they lack the ability to process the change that needs to happen in time for it to do any good.

3. If you file correctly in 2020, you will receive any extra payment amounts as part of your tax refund.

4. Tech support currently says this is not a bug.  If the "dependent" box is checked on the internal spouse worksheet, it may be difficult to prove whether it was a user error or a program glitch.  The assistance of a customer who both (a) has a support phone call on record documenting the problem at the time and (b) provides a diagnostic code now, may help get the issue escalated to a higher level.  Yelling will not help escalate the issue.

5. My goal here is not to get you a payment (because that's impossible) but to understand why this happened so that it does not happen again next year.  You can help by posting a diagnostic code, (especially if you also have a support call on record) or not.   If you want to use this discussion thread to yell about the company, feel free, but some of us are trying to help.