MaureenB

Other financial discussions

Should we start a class action suit against Turbo Tax as they are not recognizing that this problem was caused by them?...  I am in a similar situation.  I have spent hours on the phone with the IRS trying to resolve.  I know that I did not check those boxes and as the previous post said it appears to carry over from previous tax forms.  I have been told by the IRS that someone can claim me as a dependent but will not tell me who and beings as I am sure that it was caused by this I asked if they could tell me if my husband is showing as my dependent as it is also checked on his return.  I have been told that this has  marked us as ineligible for the economic stimulus and even amending the return ... which last night I tried to do and when TurboTax completed said the system said that it didn't see any difference....will not get us the economic stimulus package we are entitled to receive.  Turbo Tax needs to step up to the plate and work with the Federal Government to get this resolved.  I have been told by an IRS representative that I can do a recovery rebate credit on our 2020 taxes but this is money that we are entitled to now.  This is not going to be an easy conversation for me to have with my husband.