Other financial discussions

@needvacay wrote:

Hi,

I also had the same box " your spouse can be claimed as a dependent" mysteriously checked on my 2018 taxes filed with Turbo Tax.  I file as Head of Household & my former spouse is not listed on my taxes.  It seems to be a Turbo Tax glitch for sure.    Can I skip amending my 2018 taxes and just claim the stimulus on my 2020 return or will I be required to amend the 2018 in order to received the $1200 stimulus payment as a credit on my 2020 return?  My 2019 taxes were filed correctly -- not done through Turbo Tax!! Not sure why the stimulus payment wasn't based on my 2019 taxes anyway..   Thanks for any and all help!  

@needvacay 

Did you use the same Turbotax account that you previously used when you were married, did you previously file a joint return with your spouse using this online account?  If so, the spouse info worksheet might not have been deleted when you switch to HOH.

If you want to provide a diagnostic code, I will pass it on.  Somewhere in the help menu is the command "Send file to agent."  This uploads an anonymous version of your file to tech support and gives you a token number that can post here so I can pass it on.