Artgirl483
Returning Member

I'm 37, and my legal address is at my parent's home. My dad claimed me as a dependent on his 2018 taxes, even though I was employed and supported myself

Fast forward to the 2019 tax season. I claimed that I could not be considered a dependent  and my dad claimed he had no dependents. However  by mid April  when we got our taxes back, stimulus checks were already being issued. My parents got theirs  my boyfriend who hasn't had a job in 2 years got his, and when I go to the IRS Get My Payment , it still says Payment Status Not Available.   

My question is, do I need to call to make sure there isn't a mix up, am I supposed to wait until 2021 because they only run your  name through the database once?  I need that $1200 to get my driver's license reinstated, there is a lack of tpublic transportation where I live, and without a car, I will remain unemployed and hungry.

The most frustrating part of it is that my dad got absolutely no tax benefit for listing me as a dependent. I asked to use their address as a place to collect my mail. 

If someone knows the best thing for me to do in my situation, I would really appreciate it.