AK3
Level 2

Debt management

Hello

Just finished reading your  how you were scammed by an Debt Consolidation Program. I don't know that much about Debt Consolidation. I do know many years ago my ex and I did  two Debt Consolidation.  They paid our debt and we paid  the company It was done quickly. Just one  pyt each month to the (Debt C.) company The other option was we gave the Debt C. Company the name and acct number of our creditors,  They wrote/fill in the checks  , Then gave to us to mail or  or give personally to the creditor.. Didn't your creditors contact you within that two year period that "Where's our money"  Late pyts etc If they never got consolidated then  I would assume they were never paid.You had to get Phone calls letters,  pay up or going to a debt collector. Credit reports show  balance etc.  Within the 2 years if your credit report showed no activity.. I would be concerned. I'm just trying to figure out if the debt consolidation  program never paid your debt why the creditors did not contact you. It only takes a short time to settle with a creditor.  through debt consolidation. Also if you were not getting any updates from the Credit Consolidation company or statements regarding your account. That's a Red Flag.  I just have a hard time understanding that $10,000 was put out  in two years,,Did you get receipts, Did you keep a paper trail?  

Yes tell your son  Not only look straight ahead but look at all directions, "You never know what's going on in the background.  In and around you.