Debt management

I was in almost the exact same scenario 22 years ago.  I was 23 y/o and able to live with my parents for one year to get the debts mostly paid off.  I should have lived with them for 1.5 years and paid them off completely.  I also worked all day Sunday at a grocery store bagging groceries.  Saturday was my only day off.  The money from the grocery store wasn't much, but it helped put a dent in the debt and reduced my spending on the weekend.

Some thoughts:

• The most important thing is you're making a plan, more important than which debt you pay first.
  • You're right to pay the $4600 debt first b/c it's at 22.4% and to pay minimum on cards with 0% teaser offers.  
  • You need a PT job and/or training for a job that pays more.  
  •  It's less important, but try to get a bank to lend you the money at a low rate.  Don't waste much time with this because it won't matter if you pay off the debts faster.  (I got really upset when a bank denied me a loan, and in retrospect the loan wouldn't have helped as much as picking up more PT hours.)

You need a PT job or a better FT job b/c if your average interest rate is 12% and you want to pay off the full $15,000 you owe in 24 months, you need to pay $705.  If you can pay $1000/mo, it goes down to 16 months.  Ideally, you'd get it down to under a year by working your tail off.  I remember thinking it felt like an ETERNITY working all the time.  I was angry if I had any annoyances on Saturday b/c that was my only day off.  But in all the PT work I actually had more interesting experiences and met more people than I did at the bars.  If I could do it again, I'd try to work more... maybe searching harder for a higher-paying PT job and trying to have a more easy-going attitude that I'll either find a better job and pay this debt off faster or have interesting stories if it takes two years.