Credit Score Borders on Being a Scam

The whole concept of a credit score is questionable.  At best it's your reputation for paying debts as agreed distilled into one number and an indication of how much banks want you as their customer.  The "scammy" part of it is they promote it as a key to responsible personal finance.  If you do really well at it, they're more likely to let you buy their product (debt).  It's sort of like the "negative sell" where a potential customer is arguing with the salesmaker, so the salesmaker says "Maybe this product isn't really for you," to get the customer arguing, "Yes it is.  I am buying it."  

I think it's fine to borrow money and pay banks interest.  If you do, it's good to pay as agreed, which generally leads to a higher credit score. But what really matters is having wealth: real estate, investment accounts, a profitable small business, bank accounts, retirement accounts.  

The credit score formula counts it against you if you move house frequently, if you open and close accounts, and if you're near the limit on your credit card.  There's nothing inherently bad or good about doing those things.  I wouldn't think of changing my plans to be a more attractive customer for banks.