Credit score

What most people consider an “official” credit score is produced by a company called FICO.  There are more than 50 different “official“ FICO scores.  The most common is a model 8 general credit score, but even then you have three different model 8 scores depending on which credit bureau is used as a source for the information.  Then, some lenders prefer to use the older model 5 or model 3 scores, so FICO still sells them.  FICO also produces specialty scores for different lending sectors using different models.  For example, a credit card lender might be mostly concerned about how you pay other credit cards and not care so much about your student loans, while a mortgage lender may care very much about how you pay other long-term debts.  And all these scores can have three different values when using data from the three different credit bureaus.  So no one has a single “official“ credit score.

(The general score has a range of 300 to 850, and I believe the specialty scores have a range of 250 to 900.)

The score offered by the Turbo app is a TransUnion “vantagescore”, which should be similar to but will not be the same as a FICO score, even if they are both generated from TransUnion data.

If you want to pursue this further, you can ask the lender exactly which score they used. Did they use the general model 8 score, or did they use an older model or a specialty score?  (I believe that if you are denied credit, the lender must tell you which score they used.)   It could also be that if you had a recent change to your credit score, that might show up in the FICO score that was generated on that day, but might not show up yet in Turbo which is only updated every two weeks I believe.