New Member
This widget could not be displayed.

Tax help for military filers

Unfortunately, no.  There’s no available deduction for purchasing the buyback service credit in the year that you pay for them.

On the bright side, when you retire, you won’t have to pay income tax on the portion of your retirement pay reflecting the amount you paid in, since that income has already been taxed.

View solution in original post