Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Is this an IRA or 401K contribution?


If this is a 401k contribution, you do not need to enter the contribution in the program as there is no deduction allowed.  If there is an excess contribution deferral you need to handle, see the link here.  I am posting a link from MinhT1 for your reference:


If this is an IRA contribution, which is allowed for a deduction.  However, the $19,000 seems over the limit.  See IRS link here: You might end up paying penalty for the excess contribution.  



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"