Retirement tax questions

Thanks so much.

I see that you said that the Betterment link https://www.betterment.com/resources/common-tax-form-questions/#16 is not about "removal of excess" but is about regular IRA distributions.  Just to be sure, did you see that last paragraph that says: "A common error for a customer who makes an after-tax Traditional IRA contribution and converts those funds to a Roth IRA (backdoor Roth IRA contribution) is failing to report the contribution and conversion on Form 8606. If a taxpayer does not file Form 8606, the IRS will likely make a conservative estimate and assume the entire amount of the distribution is taxable (even though that may not actually be true)."

This confuses me because when I do get to the 8606 section in TurboTax, it tells me to omit the excess I withdrew, so it doesn't seem like the 8606 fixes anything.  However, I did do a Traditional => Roth conversion in March 2019 before I withdrew it all as excess contribution.  Does that make this have any relevance to the 8606 form as Betterment says, or do your previous responses still stand and this is a case of either getting them to correct the form or doing a substitute 1099-R myself?  

FYI, I agree and did in fact leave Betterment last year, largely because I didn't want to deal with messy tax issues like this due to their automatic stock trades creating wash sales with other accounts, fractional shares (e.g. 0.0001 share trades), etc.  

Thanks again.