Level 15

Retirement tax questions

@69VanNuys  - Start with the first year that there was a non deductible contribution and fill out a 8606 form for THAT year with the non-deductible contribution on line 1.   The amount on line 14 will carry to line 2 of the next years 8606 and will be added to that years line 1 contribution.   Repeat for each year that there was a non-deductible contribution until current.


You can download past years 8606 forms (and instructions) from the IRS here:;jsessionid=UhFuCo825izp8Rd2WZrf0tV4...


Mail the 8606 forms to the IRS:

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**