SSA sent me lump sum Medicare overpayment refund confusing in Turbo Tax versus SSA1099!

I received a return of overcharged medicare premiums in a couple of lump-sum payments from Social Security for the 2018 tax year returned to me in 2019.  On my SSA-1099, there IS an amount that says "Subtract Non-Taxable Payments" and an amount showing of approximately 5,000.  The 1099 breaks down with the total regular benefits minus Medicare Part B premiums then a TOTAL Additions then the Subtraction for non-taxable benefits and finally "benefits for 2019".  I get all of that no problem.  The confusion is after I enter all of this TurboTax asks me if I received any lump sum payments in 2019.  My question is SINCE THE LUMP SUM PAYMENTS are already showing on my 1099- should I say "NO" to the Turbo Tax questions regarding lump sum payments??  Social Security has identified them on the 1099 as non-taxable, so I would imagine I would NOT have to enter more info in the follow up questions in Turbo Tax.  Again these amounts are monies returned to me because I overpaid Medicare payments (IRMAA surcharges that were later returned by SSA to me).

Retirement tax questions

You would answer NO for any lump sum payments.

View solution in original post

Retirement tax questions

Thanks.  As I surmised.