Level 10
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

Correct. Retirement plan contributions reported in box 12 of your W-2 should only be entered on the W-2 screen. Depending on the plan, box 12 will have one of these upper-case letter codes and a contribution amount:

  • D: 401(k) plan
  • E: 403(b) plan
  • F: 408(k)(6) plan
  • G: 457(b) plan
  • S: 408(p) salary reduction SIMPLE retirement account
  • H: 501(c)(18)(D) plan
  • AA: Designated Roth contributions under a section 401(k) plan.
  • BB: Designated Roth contributions under a section 403(b) plan.
  • EE: Designated Roth contributions under governmental section 457(b) plan. This amount does not apply to contributions under a tax-exempt organization section 457(b) plan.

The FAQ below provides detailed instructions for entering W-2 box 12 codes and amounts in TurboTax.

How do I fill out the Box 12 information from my W-2?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4785646

View solution in original post