Level 15
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

You can also file a form 14039-T identity theft affidavit for each person.  The IRS might not accept it without proof that your identity was actually misused (instead of just lost).  But if they do accept it, they will issue a 6-digit identity protection PIN and then no one (including you) can file a tax return in your name without the IP-PIN.