Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

No, it would not add the earnings to your 2017 return. If you had code P in Box 7. Again, you'll be prompted to  amend 2016, but you've already reported the earnings on your 2016 return

Because you  are using a desktop version of TurboTax, you can access the forms in your return, by clicking Forms in the upper right hand corner of your screen. You can see the IRA Contribution Worksheet that was used to compute your allowable IRA contributions.  See this link from the IRS

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please comment back here with specific information about your income and contribution, and which type of IRA this is.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post