If you had a withdrawal from the IRA in 2017 then you report the tax data from the Form 1099-R on your federal tax return. The tax data from the federal return flows to the Georgia state tax return. Any retirement income exclusion will be taken care of by the Georgia state program software.
To enter a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R