Level 11

Retirement tax questions

You may have accidentally clicked on or hovered your cursor over a link to request an EIN from the IRS.  Unless you pay people to work for you, you don't need and EIN  and can prepare a Schedule C for self-employment in your personal return.

If you have a Home Office, be sure to go through this section of TurboTax.  

Here are some tips for self-employment you may find helpful. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post