Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

No, it's not.  Once you move, retirement income is "transferred" as it were, to the state you are currently living.  It's similar with a job.  The company's main office is in another state, who is responsible for paying you, but you are working in a location in your state.  You are only taxed in your state on that income.  You do not file a tax return to the state where the retirement income was produced if you no longer live there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"