New Member

Retirement tax questions

If you have not received Form 1099-MISC from one or more of the businesses/people you worked for during the year, but you know the amount of income that needs to be reported, you can continue with preparing your return.  

When you enter the information in TurboTax, just select Additional Income (see screenshot below) to report income for which you have not received a 1099.

The quickest way to get to the input screen:

  • Sign in to your account and click on the orange Take me to my return button (skip this step if you are already in your return)
  • Click on Search at the top of the screen
  • Input "schedule c" in the search box and hit enter
  • The first link available should be Jump to schhedule c - click on this link
  • You will be taken to the input area for your business income, business information, and expenses.

View solution in original post