New Member

Retirement tax questions

No, pension income (1099-R) and wages (W-2) are different animals.  Both get taxed as ordinary income, but as a W-2 employee you pay FICA (soc sec + medicare).

Your pension income will get entered in the Retirement Plans & Social Security section of TurboTax, not on the W-2 screens (Wages & Salaries).

Use this pathway to enter your 1099-R:  Federal Taxes > Wages & Income > Retirement Plans & Social Security, then follow the prompts.