tm2

Do I need to include the amount in box 12 code p from my W-2 into the TT software if my reimbursement was 100%?

I moved from IL to WI in 2017 for work. It was a requirement for me to move as I needed to be within a certain distance/time from my place of employment.

Under the contract my moving expenses were to be paid by my new employer. I was reimbursed 100% for the move under an accountable plan.

This was reported on my W-2 in box 12 code p. I was under the impression that this amount was not taxable income. However, when I include the amount in the TurboTax software my tax liability (and accordingly refund) changes (liability goes up and refund goes down). 

Under the deductions, I cannot seem to claim a moving deduction as I fail the distance test. So my questions are:

1. Given the 100% reimbursement (without being paid over or under), do I need to include box 12 code p on my return?

2. Am I able to claim a moving deduction despite failing the distance test, given that I was required to move my residence from IL to WI?

Thanks.