Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

You should report both the roll-over and the distribution as you have received 2 forms 1099-R. The roll-over is not taxable. It is reported as gross distribution on line 4a of form 1040, but is excluded from the taxable amount shown on line 4b.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"