Excess Roth Contribution (2018) & Then Removal (2019) -- How to report prior to filing 2018 Taxes?

Hello in 2018 my wife and I had minor excess contributions.  Recently, in 2019, we had an excess removal (for 2018) by our brokerage, Vanguard.  No taxes were withheld. Turbotax has asked us for what we have removed and we have inputted the appropriate amounts.  

We have not received any paperwork from the brokerage on the issue and my understanding is that they will send something next year and then we are expected to amend our 2018 return.

Reading similar topics it looks like if I have the information I can report it when I originally file for 2018 and ignore the paperwork (probably at 1099R) next year.  For one of our accounts I expect minimal interest on the excess removal (less than $15) and on the other a minimal loss.

What should I reach out to Vanguard and ask for in order to properly report this?  Also, should I then force a 1099R filing for TurboTax though it has not prompted me (I'm using the 2018 Deluxe download version)?

Thank you!