New Member
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

you are saying i need to create a 1099-r , even if i don;t have one.   i am now going to pay tax 2 times on the 6500.   i sold stock in 10/208, then in 11/2019 i put 6500 in roth,  but this turned out to be excess.  i withdrew in 2/2019.   if i create a 1099-r, then i will be paying tax on the 6500(2 times in 2018) +earnings tax.  is that correct?  how do i create a 1099-r, is it simply just filling in the info as stated in the resolution