Level 2
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

A "G" is a direct rollover.

You will enter the 1099R as follows:

To enter pension and annuity Payments (1099-R)
•    Click on Federal Taxes
•    Click on Wages and Income
•    Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
•    Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
•    On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Due to having after tax funds in the IRA, you need to track the basis so when you do start taking money out only a percentage is taxable income to you.

View solution in original post