New Member

Retirement tax questions

I have a 2018 1099-R that shows P for the code since the refund is supposed to be taxable in 2017.  I have not yet filed my 2017 return so I'd like to include it now rather than amending the it later.  The code selection options in TurboTax shows P but that sets it to 2016 (since it thinks the 1099-R is for 2017).