Level 1
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

I am trying to enter a 1099-R for a refund of excess deferral to a 401k plan for the current tax year.  The TurboTax online help says to enter the 1099-R with a P code but specify the following year (2018).  How do I specify the year when entering a 1099-R?