Retirement tax questions

I am assuming that you are referring to a solo 401k retirement contribution (i.e self-employed retirement plan) - if that is not correct, then comment back.

You can easily reach this section by closely following the steps below -
  • If online:  Log into your account and click Take Me to My Return (you must click this first)
  • Enter the search term “self-employed retirement” ***(with the dash)*** in the search box in the upper right-hand corner (if you are using the desktop program, then use your search bar (windows) or search topics (MAC)
  • Click the "jump to self-employed retirement" link in the search results
  • Enter the contribution information in the screens that follow (see first screenshot below)
If you are using TurboTax Desktop software (i.e Home and Business), you can also find this section on your "Let's gather your business info" page.  Scroll down to Less Common Business Situations and click on Self-employed Retirement.

If using the online program, you can still reach this section with the step by step but you will need to back out of the Self Employed Section.  This section is not found in the Less Common Business Situations and is instead found on the main income page under Other Business Situations.  (See the second screenshot)