June 4, 2019 8:57 PM
This widget could not be displayed.
In Step-by-Step mode, do the following:
- Go to Deductions & Credits -> Retirement and Investments -> Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions
- Make sure that the box indicating that you have a Traditional IRA is marked and click Continue.
- Proceed to the page asking "Any Nondeductible Contributions to Your IRA?", answer Yes and click Continue.
- Click the EasyGuide button and proceed to the page where you can mark the box indicating "I received a traditional IRA from a former spouse as part of a divorce settlement before 2017." Do this even if the divorce settlement was in 2017.
- Proceed to where you can enter the amount of Transferred IRA Basis that you received and click Continue.
- TurboTax will then give you the opportunity to provide an explanation statement for this adjustment to your basis.
Doing this will place the amount on line 15 of the IRA Information Worksheet.