New Member

If my employer will not make a corrective distribution for an overfunded 401K, do I keep the additional contributions in 401(k)s and report overfunded 9K as other income?

Overfunded 401(K)s in 2017 because I had two jobs:  Deferred $9K at 1st job.  Deferred $18K plus $31K in defined contributions at 2nd job.  I'm over the 2017 $18K limit for deferred contributions and the $54K limit for total contributions.  Neither employer will make a corrective distribution since "accounting year is closed."