Retirement tax questions

The forms mode is great for checking data, but direct entry voids the TurboTax accuracy guarantee.  The interviews ties forms and answers together.   Entering directly in the forms mode requires that you know exactly how to do it,

I suggest deleting the 1099-R, switch to the interview and enter the 1099-R in the 1099-R section as below.

Enter a 1099-R  here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
I’ll choose what I work on (if that screen comes up),
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu  (if online version under My Account) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type:  Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

If this was a  rollover or conversion, answer the question that you moved the money to another retirement account (can be the same account).  The screen will open up with choices of where it was moved.

(If box 7 has a code “G” it will automatically be a trustee-to-trustee rollover).

Answer no to the first 401(k) Roth screen and YES to the Roth IRA screen.

That should place the taxable box 2a amount on line 16b with ROLLOVER next to it.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**