Level 15
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

Yes, you made a traditional IRA contribution that needs to be reported on your tax return.  Enter it under Deductions & Credits -> Retirement and Investments -> Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions.  (You did not make a regular Roth IRA contribution.)

If the movement of the funds from the Fidelity traditional IRA to the Edward Jones traditional IRA was done trustee-to-trustee, it is not reportable.

The conversion from the Edward Jones traditional IRA to the Roth IRA is reportable as a Roth conversion, as you have apparently already done.

View solution in original post