Please make sure you only entered the information in the 1099-R income section and not in the contribution section (Deduction & Credits).
Please be aware that a conversion from Traditional to Roth IRA will result in the taxable income unless you had non-deductible contributions in the trad. IRA.
To enter the 1099-R distribution/conversion:
- Click "Personal Income" on the top
- Click "I'll choose what to work on"
- Scroll down and click "Start" next to "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan (1099-R)"
- Answer "Yes" to the question "Did You Have Any of These Types of Income?"
- Click "I'll Type it Myself"
- Choose "Form 1099-R, Withdrawal of Money from 401(k) Retirement Plans, Pensions, IRAs, etc."
- Click "Continue" and enter the information from your 1099-R
- Answer questions until you get to “What Did You Do With The Money” and choose “I moved it to another retirement account”
- Then choose “did a combination of rolling over, converting or cashing out.”
- Enter "$39,160" in "Amount converted to Roth IRA account"