You can enter under ''General or Additional Income...
Level 12

Retirement tax questions

You can enter under ''General or Additional Income''.  Either one of these categories are for reporting cash, check, 1099-K, or other income not reported to you on a 1099-MISC.   I have attached images of examples and instructions to get here. 

In Self-Employed Advanced (business tab):  You may skip through some of this if you have your business already set-up.  

  • Click Business tab at top, then Continue
  • How do you want to enter your business income?, then I'll choose what I work on
  • Business Income and Expenses, click Start/Update
  • Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2016?, click Yes
  • First, let's confirm your business name and address, click Continue
  • Enter Business Information, click Continue
  • Tell us about your business, click Continue
  • Enter Employer ID Number, If Any, click Continue
  • Do you use the cash method of accounting to run your business?, click Continue
  • Did you make any payments that required you to issue a form 1099?, click Continue
  • Do any of these uncommon situations apply to your business?, click Continue
  • Let's confirm your business info, click Continue
  • Your Business page - Edit 
  • Go to Business Income - Start/Edit
  • General Income - Start
  • Type in your description (Income from Shopify) and amount received.  

If using Self-Employed  (no business tab)

  • Federal Taxes
  • Income & Expenses
  • Self-Employment
  • Answer Yes to 'Did you have any Self-Employment Income or Expenses'
  • Go through the business screens
  • Add any income - Yes
  • Additional Income - not received on 1099-MISC (add Shopify Income)
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings