Intuit Alumni

Retirement tax questions

If that is the only income your child had in 2018 and it less than $1,050, it doesn't need to be reported anywhere.

However, if your child had more unearned income than $1,050, but less than $12,000 then you have a choice to either report it on your child's tax return or your own tax return.

To report it on your own tax return do a Search (top right corner) for "8814". Then click on "Jump to 8814" and enter the information from Form 1099-DIV.

Read more about it here:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"