BillM223
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

I am looking at your return. I see this message:

This is a different message than what you got - I used the CD/download version - did you use the Online version of TurboTax? No matter, I did have  couple of questions on your return.

I noticed on both your 1099-SAs that you indicated that all by one or two dollars of each MSA distribution was for medical expenses, thus causing one or two dollars to be taxable in each case. Is this correct?

Second, the error message I got was that TurboTax did not support e-filing more than one worksheet on the 8853. This struck me as odd since the 8853 in your case did not have more than one worksheet.

So I deleted one 1099-SA (the smaller one) and ran the Review - it was clean. Then I added back a slimmed down version of the 1099-SA, and ran the Review again - this time it was also clean.

I suggest you try this:

1. Examine this situation of each 1099-SA having all but one or two dollars of the distribution being for medical expenses and make corrections as needed.

2. Delete a 1099-SA and then re-add it and run the Review again and see if it runs clean. If it doesn't, try it with the other 1099-SA.

@Topean  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"