Retirement tax questions

Respectfully speaking (because I know how things can come off online sometimes) , neither of the two questions you provided were questions I asked. I also noticed I could have phrased my question better.

I should have said...

Yes, but when TurboTax calculates my Schedule C net income, it doesn't tell me which expense deductions can affect  the earnings test for recipients of social security benefits.  It's easy to say that TurboTax doesn't perform this function, but TurboTax does perform tax analysis related functions that determine how expensed deductions are affected by, or can affect, something else. It may just be that TurboTax can't do what I'm asking.

Seems like there is a way to have TurboTax do this. If a tax filer is reporting SSA benefits and there is net schedule C income that could be affected, a page could pop up explaining that certain allowable expenses in determining taxable income may not be allowable for the SSA earnings text (i.e., retirement contributions, wages paid to a family member, etc.).  Just a suggestion.