Retirement tax questions

@ Ada5 wrote:

Is there a Schedule C option on TurboTax from IRS freeFile site?

I qualify to use the free file, I'm sure I'm on the right site (Turbo Tax IRS Free File, entered through the IRS site) -- it comes up in the URL as https://us-east-2.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/ etc.

I put in my 1099-NEC but it won't give me a Schedule C option!

Thank you!

That URL you posted looks like one for regular Online TurboTax, so I suspect you may not be in the correct edition.  The TurboTax IRS Free File Program can indeed handle Schedule C, but you have to meet one of the qualifications to use that product (I'll post qualifications below.)

Open your return and check what product you are using this way:

With the return fully open look up in the upper left corner near the TurboTax icon.  Does it say Free Edition or IRS Free File Program?

If you are in regular Free Edition by mistake, we can tell you how to switch to the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax in the same account without having to start over.

[ADDENDUM:

Actually I see that @DawnC already left you the switching instructions in her comment above.  We were typing at the same time.  😊]

To qualify for free 2020 federal and state tax returns through the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, you just need to meet one of these requirements:

• Your 2020 AGI is $39,000 or less (if filing jointly MFJ, this figure is for the AGI of both spouses combined.)  ; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • In 2020, you served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum AGI of $72,000, and you have a military-issued W-2.