vhoudini
Returning Member

Retirement tax questions

Spoiler
While I’m sorry to hear that you have had the same experience, Gatman999, I’m somewhat relieved to know that SOMEONE understands the problem since the “experts” at TT don’t. 

I’ve escalated the issue TWICE now through supervisors at TurboTax and both times the response was to utilize Form 8606 which is the solution for exception 2 in the Form 1040 line 4 instructions, not exception 1, which is the actual problem (and solution). 

I am so frustrated with TT over this.  I requested (and received)  a refund for both the online and desktop versions of the software and am likely going to have to pay an accountant do my taxes this year because of this issue.  I can understand TT having a lot of changes to make to their software this year to accommodate all the covid legislation passed in 2020, but they don’t even understand what needs to be fixed, so how can they possibly fix it?  

I filed an extension but am (foolishly?) hoping that TT figures out what needs to be fixed in the next few months.  I am not holding my breath, though.