Retirement tax questions

Your answer is incorrect, I am in the same position, had unemployment income, taxes were withheld, but because a bill has passed stating any unemployment under 10,200 will not be taxed, TT when you go to the 1099G screen does not even list income from unemployment.

They do tell you if you have unemployment to answer NO to the 1099G question, but then they never take you to another screen.  If taxes had not been withheld, both Fed & State and you received less than 10200.00 this would not be a problem.  But this is a HUGE problem for people who had tax withheld and now can not claim it back - I managed to do a LOT of overriding and input manually the unemployment and the taxes withheld but when you run error check - it kicks the return out.  Plus no way of knowing if that carries over to the state or not.

This is a HUGE mess again this year,  TT seems to have a major issue now every year - we pay for these programs I am using the Home and Business version, and yet I cannot get a human to help, cannot find answers here - just ridiculous.