Retirement tax questions

@DawnC  I assume you're asking me if before I clicked "Transmit Return" I checked to see if line 30 had $1,800 on it. If that's the case, I don't know. I assumed that when I provided the information about the EIPs and input the amount of both EIPs that the software would calculate the information accordingly. Fact is that after nearly a month and a half of seeing "Your return is still being processed." I started talking to friends and family about this issue when my mother informed me the her tax return was in 'corrections and errors'. I asked her why and she said that the IRS agent informed her that line 30 had inaccurate information. She asked what it was and they explained it to her. She told them that when she filed she was prompted to provide information about the EIPs, she told the agent that she checked "Yes" to receiving the EIPs and provided the total for each EIP in the two provided boxes. Although it shouldn't have ADDED the totaled amount to her refund but rather simply be zeroed out, the TT software had totaled the two payment amounts and apparently applied that to line 30.

I started doing some research and after about 6 hours of constant reading and comparing my situation to my mothers and tens of thousands of others, it's PRETTY CLEAR that the customers aren't at fault here. We didn't provide inaccurate information, we answered the questions as they came step by step. It wasn't until I downloaded a PDF document of my 2020 returns that I was able to look over the information submitted and confirmed that $1,800 is, in fact, submitted on line 30. Once again, I answered the questions accurately, the software calculated and submitted this information incorrectly.