Retirement tax questions

@wolf1614 wrote:

Today we received a valid check (per Treasury Check Verification System) without any explanation of why.  In the memo field area is typed, in capital letters, "FLET FRESNO 12/2019 TAX REFUND 30 INT $ 29.51".   The amount of check is $2529.51.    

I filed 2019 tax return timely and already got a refund direct deposit to our bank account sometime around 2020's normal timeframe.   I also have filed 2020 Tax report and it was accepted March 17, 2021.  I'm expecting that refund in April 2021.

How do I find out why  I got this check?  I thought 2019 business was done. For years I have been pleased with TTax and hoping you can help on this.  I saw a similar post but some time ago. 

Thanks, in advance, for shedding any light on this situation.  

No one on this board has access to your financial information, and no one at Turbotax has any financial information after you transmit your tax return.  The IRS should send a letter of explanation, it comes from a different part of the government than the check and may take a couple weeks longer.  Or, you can try going online with the IRS and reviewing your account transcript and tax return transcript, to see what adjustments were made.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

It certainly sounds like you received an additional $2500 refund from your 2019 return, plus interest since it was paid to you late.  Why that refund was issued may be recorded in your tax transcripts.