Last question on this, in the turbo tax instructio...
New Member

Retirement tax questions

Last question on this, in the turbo tax instructions on how to fill out the 2019 1099-R in 2018 tax forms*,  it says to use Code P?  Wouldn't Code 8 be more appropriate?     

*  Report the excess deferral on your 2018 return in the Income section for Retirement Plans and Social Security whether or not you received a Form 1099-R before you file your return. Enter as much information as you can. Report the excess deferral amount in boxes 1 and 2a, and use code P in box 7. Indicate that this is a 2019 Form 1099-R.
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings