Retirement tax questions

Suggest contacting your financial institution and get a reply.

This is Fidelity reply (I underlined the key point):

Dear JB:

Thank you for contacting Fidelity Investments regarding your account ending in 0000. It is my pleasure to assist you.

New IRS e-filing standards restrict taxpayers with negative proceeds from filing electronically. As of a result of these changes, you may experience issues filing your tax returns through electronic tax prep services (e.g. TurboTax, H&R Block, Tax Act). Due to the influx of feedback from taxpayers regarding this new change, the IRS will be updating the e-filing standards to accept negative amounts. At this time, the update is tentatively scheduled to occur the end of March.

Please contact your tax advisor or tax prep services company for additional guidance and troubleshooting.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any questions regarding this issue, or for any general inquiries regarding your account, please contact a Fidelity representative at [phone number removed] for assistance.

Turbotax provides a work-a-round that makes you manipulate the Turbotax form which will not match the financial statements that are sent directly to the IRS... And Turbotax has not stated they will defend this if you are audited by the IRS.. 

---------------------------- end.