Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

This is how to post a 1099-R

  1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "Wages & Income" on the top
  3. Scroll down to  "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)
  4. Answer "Yes" to the question "Did You Have Any of These Types of Income?"
  5. Click "I'll Type it Myself"
  6. Choose "Form 1099-R, Withdrawal of Money from 401(k) Retirement Plans, Pensions, IRAs, etc."
  7. Click "Continue"
  8. From here TurboTax will walk you through entering your Form 1099-R

Once you complete the first one you can Add Another 1099-R 


The code(s) in Box 7 of your 1099-R helps identify the type of distribution you received. We use these codes and your answers to some interview questions to determine if your distribution is taxable or subject to an early withdrawal penalty.


Please be sure to be accurate.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings