Level 11

Retirement tax questions

You can enter your Japanese pensions as Other Miscellaneous Income in TurboTax.  The IRS no longer accepting 'Substitute 1099-R forms' without a valid Payor ID. 

Go to Wages & Income and choose 'I'll explore on my own'.

From the list of topics, scroll down to Less Common Income, and click Start/Update on Miscellaneous Income. 

From the topic list, scroll down to 'Other Reportable Income' and say Yes.

You will be able to enter a description and amount (screenshot).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post