fishing4fun
Returning Member

Retirement tax questions

Thanks.  After trying everything recommended, I still get a strange result.  Background: I have wife's IRA RMD with a QCD and a beneficiary IRA RMD with no QCD.  When entering these amounts, Line 4b shows the total of the two IRA RMD's less the one QCD.  Which I believe is the correct taxable amount for these two IRA withdrawals.  "QCD" also appears on Line 4b.  The problem occurs with a third IRA withdrawal: I have changed my birthdate, and TurboTax asks about whether my IRA is a RMD and a QCD.  I enter the information.  Normal distribution "7" and Simple IRA "X".   Line 4a reflects the total withdrawals for the three IRA's.  Line 4b shows "QCD."  However, Line 4b shows the QCD for the third IRA withdrawal rather than Line 4a less the two QCD's.  I have examined all of the underlying worksheets and forms and all the data appears correct.  I cannot find a place to see where Line 4b calculation.   Is there a way to manually change Line 4b?  By the way, even though the third IRA withdrawal is not an RMD, I checked that box and it did not change the result.